Tuesday, February 24, 2009


Jack stood yesterday! I can't believe how big my little man is getting. That was the big news for today as I called my family today. In the proud thought of my son I think of a old friend that I got to talk to last night. I went to Romania in 2004 for my very first mission trip and met, lets call her, Nicki, Now Nicki and I have a huge gap in years with her being 13 years older but I love her to death. With no one else can I laugh this hard. She is who she is and I think that's what drew me to her...or it was he Minnesota accent. Who knows?! We haven't spoken in a year or more but we can pick up a conversation and continue as if we spoke moments before. We laughed for a good five minutes over a topic of poop. I cried it was so funny. Nicki is the best. It should be a law that people, each and every one, needs a Nicki in their lives. Someone they can call and laugh with. Stress just melts away in the roar of laughter. Like a refreshing breeze sweeping through a stale room, that is what Nicki is.
So I raise my Sierra Mist and toast to good friends. We all need them and love them. True to the bone and as dear as family.
So here's to you Nicki! You're the Best!

No comments: